We have an exciting crystal event this weekend. Saturday, Feb. 20th, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. we’ll be hosting our Tucson “Early Bird” Trunk Show in the classroom. This is a special unveiling of the mineral finds we gathered during our first wholesale trip to Tucson. For those who don’t know, the Tucson Gem & Mineral Show is the world’s largest of its kind, drawing international dealers and buyers in the crystal industry. This year, we branched out and explored this treasure trove for ourselves, and boy, are we glad we did! Now we’ll be filling our entire classroom with a host of rare and exciting crystals and minerals, as well as beautiful new specimens of some of our old favorites.
And all this crystal wheeling and dealing brings up an interesting topic that is often broached in the store. How do you go about selecting the crystals and stones you want to purchase and work with? It’s easy to get overwhelmed when seeing so many sparkling, colorful tumbles and specimens before your eyes. And while crystal reference books, like our bestseller The Crystal Bible, are helpful their lengthy descriptions can add to that overwhelm. So we asked our crystal teacher, Anna Silver, to give her top tips on how anyone can go about choosing the right crystals and stones for them.
- Take Inventory – Before you even get in your car to head to a venue like our trunk show, take inventory of your life and your current issues. What are you working on right now? What are you most eager to improve in your life? Make a little shopping list of those things you are most desirous to change and bring it with you. You can then look for the crystals and/or stones that meet those needs first.
- Ground & Center – Before you enter the space where you’ll be shopping, close your eyes, take a few deep breaths, and connect to the center of your being. Imagine your legs growing heavy and rooting into the earth. Imagine your head growing light and streaming into the sky. Allow yourself to just be for a few moments before you head in.
- Take Note – As you enter the room, what catches your eye first? Don’t ask why, not yet. Simply pay attention to what is calling out to you. It might be a certain color you find beautiful, or a crystal’s shape that sparks your attention. Make note of these on your “shopping list” so you can come back to each of them.
- Spend Time – Connect with each of the crystals that first grabbed your eye by spending a few minutes with each one. Touch it or pick it up if you can safely. Get quiet and return to the slow breathing you practiced before you entered. Ask yourself, when I am in the presence of this crystal, how does it make me feel?
- Compare – Look at your shopping list from before you left. Do the feelings you are experiencing resonate with what you wrote there? For example, if gaining confidence was on your list, and one of the stones you pick up makes you feel bold, then you have made a match!
- Refine – Some crystals and some needs may be more forthcoming than others. If you find that the stones which first called to you take care of only part of your list, circle the room again with the remainder of your list in mind. Ask with your heart for the stones which can be of best service to you to present themselves, and go back to step #3. Continue this process until you feel you have met every need you came with.
- Validate – Once you’ve made your selections, grab a copy of the crystal bible or another reference book, like The Book of Stones, to take home with you. At home, compare their descriptions with your own impressions. It is often surprising how in sync they are! This validates your intuition and allows you to trust your instincts in regard to crystals even more the next time.
Anna Silver is a published author, certified crystal healer, and a certified master reader and teacher of tarot and lithomancy, or crystal reading. Anna combines basic science, intuitive wisdom, and metaphysics to help her students and clients employ powerful tools in practical ways to create positive change in their health, relationships, career, finances, spiritual path, and more.
To book a reading with Anna through Body Mind & Soul, please call the store: 713-933-0550.
To attend her Feb. 21 class – Crystal Grids: What They Are and How To Use Them, click here.
You can learn more about Anna at her website: www.sacredvoices.net