“Spirit guides” are something we hear and talk about at the store all the time. But what are they exactly? How do you know if you have one?
There are a rash of websites, and each has their own definition of a spirit guide. This can get confusing. But most of these definitions, while unique, carry some common threads. Spirit guides are unanimously identified as being the following:
- incorporeal – meaning they do not have a physical body like we do
- benevolent – meaning they always act with good will
- individual – meaning they are particularly assigned to you for assisting your growth
- intentional – meaning they are consciously committed to their purpose
Beyond these four commonalities, there are many variances among spirit guides, even among those assigned to one person. They can appear human or animal, male or female, be with you for a lifetime or just a short period. They may work alone or with other guides assigned to those around you. But no matter their differences, they are always helpful.
So, now that we know a little more about what they are, who has them?
The short answer is everyone. Whether you are aware of it or not, you have not only one but a team of spirit guides at your disposal who are dedicated to your personal evolution.
Which brings up the next question … how do you get in touch with them?
There are a myriad of ways suggested online, but we’ve compiled a very short and sweet list of steps you can try to start working cooperatively with your guides.
- Ask – The most important step in trying to connect or communicate with your guides is to ask them to reveal themselves to you. In fact, this step is so simple it is often overlooked! You can ask through prayer or meditation, or you can simply speak your request out loud or in writing. However you do it, just ask.
- Be open – Once you ask your guides to show themselves, you must keep an open mind and awareness so that you don’t miss their signals. These will often come as repeating patterns in your day or week, or as startling insights that feel as though they spontaneously showed up in your mind.
- Don’t dismiss – This one is so crucial! So many people manage to make it through the first two steps on their own, but often get hung up here when they allow their logical ego-mind to dismiss the experiences they’ve had. This will effectively shut down your channel to your guides. So please do the opposite and validate your experiences for yourself. If you must seek outside validation, seek it from an experienced believer in this kind of phenomenon and not a vocal skeptic.
- Repeat – While this may seem redundant, it’s actually quite significant. Repeating the process strengthens our bond with our guides so that learning from them comes easier and easier.
If you’d like to learn more about spirit guides, these are a few our top recommendations from the store:
We also have several related happenings here at Body Mind & Soul over the next few weeks. For a more personal experience, check out these events and workshops:
MARCH 5: Angelic Communication: How Angels Talk to You with Brandi Khan. For more info or to register, click here.
MARCH 6: Crystal & Guides: Using Stones to Get to Know Your Spiritual “A” Team with Anna Silver & Janelle Hoyland. For more info or to register, click here.
MARCH 9 & 10: An Evening of Spirit Communication with Mark Anthony. For more info or to register, click here.
MARCH 12: Meet Your Spirit Guides Through Self-hypnosis with Doyle Ward. For more info or to register, click here.
MARCH 19: Who Are Your Guides? with Janelle Hoyland. For more info or to register, click here.
Anna Silver is a published author, certified crystal healer, and a certified master reader and teacher of tarot and lithomancy, or crystal reading. Anna combines basic science, intuitive wisdom, and metaphysics to help her students and clients employ powerful tools in practical ways to create positive change in their relationships, career, finances, spiritual path, and more.
To book a reading with Anna through Body Mind & Soul, please call the store: 713-933-0550.
You can learn more about Anna at her website: www.sacredvoices.net