- Information We Collect
We collect information to provide better Services to our users and consumers and so we can make decisions about ways to make our consumer community better. When you interact with BMS through our Services, Site, and apps, we may collect personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) and other information from you, as further described below.
- Contact Information: When you enter your information through the use of our Site, Services, or apps, you enter it willingly in agreement with our T&C for such participation. We will collect and store the information you populate, regardless of whether you pay for Services, to include: your contact email address, name, address, website URL, phone number and other metadata assigned to you; we obtain this data you enter to create your profile, screen and to verify your information.
- Other Information: Non-Identifiable Data: When you interact with BMS through the Site or our Services, we receive and store certain personally non-identifiable information. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies, cannot presently be used to specifically identify you. BMS may store such information itself or such information may be included in databases owned and maintained by BMS’s affiliates, agents or service providers. The Services may use such information and pool it with other information to track, for example, the total number of visitors to our Site, the number of visitors to each page of our Site, and the domain names of our visitors’ Internet service providers. There is not any available Personal Data in this process.
- Aggregated Personal Data: In an ongoing effort to better understand and serve the users of the Site and our Services, BMS may conduct research on its customer demographics, interests, and behavior based on the Personal Data and other information provided to us. This research may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis, and BMS may share it with BMS’ affiliates, agents, and business partners. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. BMS may also disclose aggregated user statistics to describe our Services to current and prospective business partners, and to other third-parties for other lawful purposes.
- Location Information: Our Services and third-parties that are integrated into our Site may collect and use your actual location information (for example, by using the GPS on your mobile device, IP address, and other sensors that may provide BMS with information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers, or when you submit a photo or other material that may contain geographic information in its metadata) to provide certain functionality for our Site and Services. We may also use your location information in an aggregate way, as described above in the "Aggregated Personal Data" section.
The above tracking technologies may be deployed by us or our Service providers on our behalf. By using our Site, you agree to our use of the above tracking technologies. You may refuse to supply Personal Data or opt out of data tracking by contacting us at the information below, with the understanding it may prevent you from using the Site, the Services, or engaging in certain Site- or BMS-related activities.
- Do Not Track Disclosure
Our third-party partners, such as ad networks, web analytics companies, and social media and networking platforms, may collect information about your online activities over time and across the Site and other online properties. These third-parties may not change their tracking practices in response to “Do Not Track” or “DNT” settings in your web browser, and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings.
- How We Use Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide, maintain, protect, and improve our Services, to develop new Services, and to protect BMS and our users. We also use this information to offer you tailored content, like giving you more relevant search results and ads. We use information collected from cookies and other technologies to improve your user experience and the overall quality of our Services. We use user contact information (name, email, address) for educational and promotional purposes, such as sharing offers and new techniques and other educational information with you. If you provide Personal Data to obtain access to the Site or our Services, we will use your Personal Data to provide you with access to such Services and to monitor your use of such Services. BMS and its affiliates may use this information to contact you in the future to tell you about Services we believe will be of interest to you. Each marketing communication we send will contain instructions permitting the recipient to “opt-out” of receiving future marketing communications. In addition, if at any time you wish not to receive any future marketing communications or you wish to have your name deleted from our mailing lists, please contact us as indicated below.
- Our Disclosure of Your Personal Data and Other Information
We do not sell your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Personal Data with certain third-parties without further notice to you, as discussed above and set forth below:
- Agents, Consultants and Related Third-Parties: BMS, like many businesses, sometimes hires other companies to perform certain business-related functions. Examples of such functions include mailing information, maintaining databases, analytics, and processing payments. When we employ another entity to perform a function of this nature, we only provide them with the information that they need to perform their specific function.
- Legal Requirements: BMS may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, legal process, judgment, order, or enforceable governmental request; (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of BMS, including the enforcement of applicable T&C, including investigation of potential violations; (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our Services or the public, including the detection, prevention, or to otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues; or, (iv) protect against legal liability.
Your browser can help you manage cookies. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser “Help” menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features of our Site and Services.
You can also adjust your advertising preferences on your mobile device at the device level. For example, to adjust your advertising preferences in iOS, visit Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Limit Ad Tracking. To adjust your advertising preferences in Android, visit Settings > Google > Ads > Opt out of interest-based ads.
- Your Choices; Right to Manage or Delete Content
People have different privacy concerns. Our goal is to be clear about what information we collect so that you can make meaningful choices about how it is used. You can visit our Site without providing any Personal Data. However, if you choose not to provide any Personal Data, you may not be able to fully use the Site or use the Services. You may also set your browser to block all cookies, as explained above, including cookies associated with our Services, or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. It’s important to remember, however, that the Site and the Services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
You have the right, in certain situations, to be forgotten, i.e., to have your Personal Data erased, to terminate any further dissemination of your Personal Data, and to have third-parties we work with cease processing your Personal Data. You also have the right to request: (i) access to your Personal Data; (ii) an electronic copy of your Personal Data (portability); (iii) correction of your Personal Data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iii) deletion or restriction of your Personal Data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. You have the right to withdraw your provided consent at any time. If you have a request regarding your Personal Data that cannot be fulfilled from your account settings, please contact us at the information below. Please note that removal may not encompass all possible locations, for example, back-ups or other external locations involving data transfers initiated prior to any removal request. Upon a request, we will provide your Personal Data to you as promptly as reasonably possible and free of charge.
- Children Under the Age of 13
- Links to Other Websites
- Protection and Security of Personal Data
BMS takes reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via our Site and Services from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. No Internet or email transmission, however, is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from our Site or Services may not be secure. We have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third-parties during or after transmission. If you create an account on our Site, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any activity that occurs under your account. Please notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Based on the foregoing, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email or the Internet. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Data to BMS via the Internet. If we believe that the security of your Personal Data in our care may have been compromised, we will attempt to promptly notify you within 72 hours. If we have your email address, we may notify you by email using the most recent email address you have provided us. Please keep your email address and other contact information in your account up-to-date. You can change that email address any time in your account profile. You consent to our use of email as a means of such notification. If you prefer for us to use the U.S. Postal Service to notify you in this situation, please email us at email@example.com (please include your name, mailing address, and email address). You can make this election at any time, and it will apply to notifications we make after a reasonable time thereafter for us to process your request.
- Other Terms and Conditions
Your access to and use of the Site and the Services is subject to the T&C located at: https://bmshouston.com/pages/terms-and-conditions.
- Spam Policy
As you sign up for Service with us, you may be asked for your email address, or initially contacted at your email address provided through a public domain. This information is used to keep you informed of any changes in your status with our company or to occasionally pass on important information about our Services or offerings. If you are using or have signed up to become a part of our mailing list through utilization of an opt-in feature, your information is used to keep in contact with you related to company or industry news, special offerings, upcoming events, or announcements from our company. We maintain a strict ‘no-spam’ policy. Your email address, personal information, or mailing address will not be sold or rented to a third-party. If, at any time, you wish to be removed from our distribution, customer, participation, or opt-in list, simply contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Removals are usually completed within 72 hours. We strive to protect information transmitted, collected, stored, or received on behalf of BMS.
- Information Accessibility; Contacting BMS
- Contact Us
To communicate with our Data Protection Officer, please email email@example.com.
Attn: Privacy Department
Body, Mind & Soul
7951 Katy Freeway, Suite N
Houston, Texas 77024
Date of Last Revision: May 24, 2019