Mala Bead and Mantra Meditation Workshop With Laurie Maloney
2:00 pm - 4:30 pm
Come discover the magic of malas. Mala beads are much more than a beautiful adornment. They are an amazing and transcending tool used in meditation. This workshop includes:
- An informative talk about the history, benefits and uses of mala beads.
- The why, the how and the methods of mantra meditation.
- A hands-on lesson which will teach you how to make your own mala bead necklace.
- A special guided meditation, using mala beads.
- You will take home your own set of sandalwood mala beads. The aroma of sandalwood helps your mind to unwind, and fosters tranquility and relaxation.
Laurie Maloney has been involved with the healing arts for over 15 years. She is the founder of UNWIND Meditation Studio in Houston, which offers meditation and mindfulness classes from a variety of traditions. Since her graduation from the University of Texas at Austin in 1991, with a degree in Fine Arts, she has been a practicing artist. In 2003 Laurie studied Feng Shui under Carol Bridges, founder of the Nine Harmonies School of Feng Shui, in Nashville, Indiana, and became a certified Feng Shui consultant. From 2016 -2017 she studied mindfulness and meditation instruction at the McLean Meditation Institute in Sedona, AZ. She is a licensed and certified meditation and mindfulness instructor.
Throughout her years of studies and experience with energy, color, and meditation, she has developed the capacity to see, feel and understand the energy in people and in environments. It is Laurie’s sincere desire to share her knowledge with others to help them create balance, harmony, health and well-being in body, mind and spirit.