What can the starry skies tell you about yourself and others? More than you might imagine.
For over four thousand years, people have watched the skies, correlating the movements of the Sun, the Moon, and the planets with human affairs. Astrology for Dummies shows the reader how to use that accumulated wisdom to identify strengths and weaknesses, discover creative abilities, understand relationships, and make the most of the times in which we live. Using an abundance of real-life examples, author Rae Orion offers an incisive account of each sign and planet, taking the reader far beyond the daily horoscope and illuminating the birth chart in all its individuality and complexity.
Astrology for Dummies examines the time-honored ways astrology helps us understand ourselves and others. From how to map and interpret individual horoscopes to building and reading birth charts, Astrology For Dummies provides you with the tools to apply the art of astrology to your everyday life.
- Explore the long, multi-cultural, occasionally bloody history of astrology
- Discover useful advice about romance, career, and wellness
- Find the creative potential to be found in every sign and every birth chart
- Unravel the mysteries behind Mercury retrograde and other celestial phenomena
- Delve into the horoscopes of dozens of famous (and infamous) people, both past and present
- Investigate different ways to align yourself with the cosmos.
Astrology hasn’t been around for millennia for nothing. It’s a practical tool, a symbolic language, a way to expand awareness, a means to increase empathy, and an exploration that touches the soul. Whether you want to learn about yourself, understand others, or glimpse the opportunities and challenges that lie ahead, the answers are here — and in the stars!
About the Author
Rae Orion has written books on photography, astronomy, and mythology as well as the mysteries of astrology. She is the author of both previous editions of Astrology For Dummies.