In the world of Tarot, one of the most recognized names is Rachel Pollack. From her groundbreaking double volume, Seventy-eight Degrees of Wisdom, to the masterful Tarot Wisdom: Spiritual Teachings and Deeper Meanings, Pollack has spent more than forty years studying and practicing Tarot. This insightful guide distills her vast knowledge and offers a direct, accessible approach to mastering the cards. This book will teach you the meanings of the cards and enable you to begin doing compelling readings right away. More seasoned readers will find that this basic reference has a richness and depth that will call you back again and again to discover your own truth within the cards. With the New Tarot Handbook you can:
• Find new descriptions and divinatory meanings with a modern twist
• Learn not only what each card signifies, but how to discover what it means to you
• Enhance your understanding of the cards with information about numbers, elements, astrology, and Kabbalah
• Try the unique spreads inspired by each Major Arcana card
• Understand Tarot's rich history, including Eden Gray's immense influence
About the Author
Rachel Pollack is considered one of the World’s foremost authorities on the modern interpretation of the Tarot. She is also a poet, an award-winning novelist, and a Tarot card and comic book artist. She has published 12 books on the Tarot, including 78 Degrees of Wisdom (Thorsons, 1998), considered a modern classic and “the Bible of Tarot reading.” Its’ marriage of common sense, wide-ranging knowledge, and esoteric awareness have inspired many tens of thousands of readers worldwide to a deeper knowledge of the Tarot.